Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Shylia Fletcher- Museum Visit

Description: The picture showcases a isolated house hiding behind a skewed rock on the right lower side of the photo. The eerie looking naked tree in the top right corner suggest it is either fall or winter. The black, white and gray colors produces a creepy serene scene. The house looks like no has lived there for years. The downcast of shadows on the house makes the photo even more interesting and scary. The fact the house is not in the center gives the artwork a captivating view.

Why I like it: I like this art piece because I like the subtle creepiness escaping from the work. When viewing it, I spent a substantial time looking it over and picturing all the things I could use as inspiration. Not only did this work inspired my photographic abilities, it also inspired my creative writing process.

Technique: The artwork might not be a photograph but I could picture ow this house looked if it was a picture instead. The artists give the work depth of field. It is not extremely flat but not to out there that its distracting. The shadow on the plays with negative space.

Interpretation: I feel like the art piece is trying to provoke some kind of emotion of emptiness by making emptiness attractive.

Judgment: I like the off center house in the playful black and grayish color.

My Photo: In my photo, I wanted to take a picture of a inhabited house that is partly cover by nature at its finest. The rock covered the house in the artwork. So I cover my house with the tree and attempt to make it compliment the house. I wanted to give the photo a serene look as if someone would move into the home but not really.


No comments:

Post a Comment