Tuesday, May 2, 2017

gallery project // Elijah Wyant




While I was in Paris with my family we were trying to see as much as possible in the span of time we had. About the fourth day in we went to Musee d'Orsay which had this painting by Monet.
Instantly you are struck by the almost dream like state of the painting, everthing is blurred and pixalated but it all meshes together like water. You can still obviously see that those are flowers on lily pads in the water with, what I think are, weeping willow tree leaves hanging down. it is simplistic to understand and the pink of the colors blend very will with the many shades of blue and slight green. The meaning behind this photo would be nothing of signifigance other than it's trying todisplayy a calm serentiy through easy shapes and blend of colors. Once you really start looking into these paintings you understand why they have benches in front of them to sit and gaze at indefiently.




ISO 20,000
Shutter Speed 1/2000
f/11

This was my attempt at recreating the serentiy of Monte painting. First, to get the grainy/pixally look of the painting I jacked the ISO up as far as I could. To get the slight blur effect I had the camra focus on my hand first then moved it away from the shot. To get a blue tint on my photos I purposly raised the white balance so it overcompinsated and made it blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment