Thursday, April 27, 2017

Gallery Visit // Luke Skowronek


This photo is your somewhat generic photo of driving on a freeway, possibly on a road trip. However, it still captivated me. It gave me the sense of going somewhere. I think it especially caught my attention because I'm transferring schools next year. I'm transferring to a school in Phoenix, Arizona, which is 25 hours from my home in Minneapolis, MN. That's going to be a huge change of pace for me and a huge change of scenery, but I couldn't be more excited. This photo excites me, and gives me sense of adventure. It makes me excited for this next adventure that I am about to embark on, and I'm thrilled that I have the chance to do so. This photo also gives me a sense that the photographer is lost, that they, maybe, don't know where they're going, or what they're doing. 
      The bottom photo is the photo I have taken. I was up at the sleeping bear dunes with my friends last weekend, and I took this photo. This photo also gives me a sense of going somewhere, but it also gives me the sense that I have arrived at my destination, wherever that may be. Life is one long journey to get somewhere. That somewhere is different for everyone. 
      Currently, that somewhere is Phoenix, Arizona, for me. Sure, I'm sad to be leaving Cornerstone after only one year, but I am more excited than anything about this amazing adventure I am about to go on. This next photo gives me both an overwhelming sense of excitement, as well as an overwhelming sense of peace. I'm incredibly excited to see what happens over the next year of my life, as this past one has been one of the most challenging, yet one of the best I've ever had. Life is forever changing, that's what keeps it exciting and fun. 
Sutter Speed: 1/3200
Aperture: f/11
ISO: 400



No comments:

Post a Comment