Thursday, April 27, 2017

Gallery Visit // Gareth Flynn

While visiting the Kendall College of Art Photography exhibit one assignment that the students did that stood out to me was a black and white assignment. In the photo above, which shows these two buildings almost silhouetted by the bright source of light that is coming from behind them. The two figures are separated by this small sliver of space that gives this sharp outline of the structures. Im not sure if there is a deeper meaning to this photo, but what I think the photographer is trying to show is the power of light and how you can use it in such a way to provide contrast and outlines, especially in a black and white photo. I really like this photo: I think that it is really pleasing on the eye and really brings you in as a viewer. Below is my photo that was inspired by the one I saw at the photography exhibit. I tried to emulate the photo by using black and white and by creating sharp outlines and contrast with the use of and angle of the lighting. 

ISO 800
ss: 1/2500
f/4

No comments:

Post a Comment