Thursday, April 27, 2017

Gallery Visit// Kelsey Henricks

This photo was taken by Dillon Johnson and was hung at Kendall School of Art and Design. What first is catching to me about this photo is the bight colors of the lights behind the model Sophia. To me they represent happiness and a night full of fun. They colors tend to bleed all over the picture to create a very pleasing look of warmth and a sense of adventure. The model is standing in front of what seems to be a bumper car ride of some sort. The colors that are consistent with the lights are teal, yellow, and I burnt red along with the light blue of the sky referring sundown is coming. The face of my model is full of hope and longing. It kind of looks like the face/eyes you would give to someone you love dearly. Her hair is a little messy and tossed to her left side and our right of the photo. she is wearing a minimal grey shirt that compliments the photo well. Overall this photo is stunning and the funny thing is I was there in Sept. when this photo was taken but it has inspired me.



The photo to the left is an inspiration from the photo above. The photo I took was at a botanical garden and has a sense of warmth and adventure like I said before about the first photo.  The oranges in the back and to the sides of the model add color and a tropical feel. I love that she is surrounded by green trees and vines it adds pleasure and composure. The face of the model also resembles the first photo because it shows hope and contentment. Her hair also has that messy feel and surround her face. She is just wearing a basic Hard Rock Cafe T shirt to keep the photo simple


ISO: 100
Shutter Speed:1/125
Aperture: 4.0













No comments:

Post a Comment