Thursday, November 19, 2015

Kelli Spedden - Kendall College Critique



When I was looking for a photo at Kendall College, I found this one. I was inspired by the black void of shadow behind the subject. It's a young, fair haired women in the middle of the frame. She has her hand placed over her lips, but predominantly her pointer finger and her thumb, almost as if she is being secretive. She is wearing a lose, form fitting jacket, and her body is sideways to the camera. A single light is illuminating the left side of her face and frame, lighting up her eyes which hold that secret of hers. 

A strength of this pic are that her beauty and body language are highlighted in this photo, while a weakness of this photo is that half of her body is cast in shadow, and no detail is illuminated.

I can relate to this photo because I feel like it matters to me, in that it represents how society keeps many secrets, and how we want to hide who we really are. I used to hide who I was, but then I became more confidant with who I was as a person, and my inner beauty, which I believe this photo encompasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment