Thursday, December 8, 2016

Melody Jacobs - Art Inspired Photo


Shutter speed: 1/60  ISO: 200  F/4.0


Melody Jacobs
PHO 236
Art Inspired Photography

The Fredrick Meijer Arch

            I took a trip to Fredrick Meijer Gardens, and was inspired by the red-stone arch that sits outside.  I think it’s a really impressive work of art, and shows amazing ability in architecture.  I have always found it extremely impressive. 
            When Fredrick Meijer first put in the arch, I was a little kid, and my mom thought it would be fun to take me and my sisters to go see it.  We wandered around the gardens for a bit, then checked out the arch on the way back towards the main welcome center.  We thought it was absolutely fantastic.  It didn’t look like it should hold itself up, so we were all fascinated trying to figure out how it didn’t topple in on itself. 

            After being inspired by the arch, I took the picture above of the roots of a tree.  The dirt eroded away from the base of the tree, leaving an arch in the roots that looks very similar to the arch in the gardens.  Again, it’s really cool how it looks like it shouldn’t be able to stand, but it holds itself up with firm integrity.  
            I really like the earthy tones that were captured in each picture, and that was also inspiring to me.  I love earthy tones like that because they are very calming to me.  There's a nice simplicity that comes from colors like that.  




Shutter speed: 1/60  ISO: 1600  F/4.0

No comments:

Post a Comment