Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Hannah VanKampen- Museum Visit

I chose to do my photo on the Gerald R. Ford mural from the Gerald R. Ford museum. What was really intriguing to me was the use of multiple mediums in displaying the art. There’s obviously the photograph of the artwork, but then there’s also the pencil work and the hours and hours that the artist must’ve spent, painstakingly drawing out the whole mural. The artist even worked with what looks like colored pencil. The mixed media use just makes it so much more vivid and alive than if it was just one medium of art- such as photography, or just plain pencil.



For my picture, I chose to capture something that I recently drew. The experience of drawing it, then being able to bend and twist it via photography in ways that I wouldn’t have been able to before was really interesting to me. It was a unique experience to work further with a piece of art that I considered “finished”. I chose to take the picture on it’s side, in order to make the picture more interesting. Unlike the life of Gerald Ford, I doubt people much care about my little drawing. I also liked the way the light hit the photo, obscuring some of it, whilst making the youngest child’s eyes very prominent.


F5 1/60 ISO-1600


No comments:

Post a Comment