Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Caleb Hannah Museum Visit

Museum Visit 
               I went to the Art House art gallery in Douglas, MI. The piece I chose is a photograph of what looks to be a shoreline. It is split into three parts. The upper third of the picture being water and sky, the middle third is full of small pebbles, and the lower third is clear water with pebbles below the surface. The photo is in black and white, but it is still easy to tell what is going on. My favorite thing about this photo is definitely the composition and the use of the rule of thirds. Everything is in focus so there is a wide depth of field. The image looks like it was probably taken in the evening hours on a cloudy day. I don’t think there is really a deeper meaning to this picture, but it is definitely calming to look at. There is no movement in the water. Everything in the photo is still. This gives it a feeling of serenity. Overall, I definitely like this piece quite a bit. It is simple yet effective. It gives a relaxing feeling to the viewer – a feeling of calmness. I don’t think it is worth the price tag of $650, but that’s just my opinion. It is definitely a good photo though, and I don’t see why anyone wouldn’t like it.
 

My Piece:


I took this picture and made it black and white – I used the rule of thirds for composition. I also wanted water to be a part of my picture because I thought it would divide things up nicely, being in the center of the photo, and it would help tie back to the piece I was inspired by. The hardest thing about this was getting the right angle because I didn’t want to step into the ice-cold water to get my shot. My photo definitely relates to the one it was inspired by with the elements of composition I used (color, rule of thirds), and I think when placed next to each other, the average person would be able to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment