Thursday, March 2, 2017

American Photography || Claire DuBois


Inspired: Edward Curtis
ISO: 800
Aperture: 5.0
Shutter: 1/100

Curtis's photos of Native American life were all taken in the desire to show the Native Americans in their glory.  He often staged photos and carried props around with him in order to produce the scenes he wanted.  My attempt in this photo is to replicate the look of a typical scene, but one which has been staged, in the life of a busy college student.  I would have liked to photograph a person hard at work, but settled with the perspective of the student at their workspace.  I chose to model this photo after Curtis's work because I don't generally agree with the principle of staging or faking scenes, but I wanted to know what it would have been like for him.  Staging a perfect photo is harder than it sounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment