Saturday, December 16, 2017

Anna Lavery-Movie Assignment


f 11
1/160


f3.5
1/800

I was inspired by the "Family of Man" in the movie that we watched during class, in which the similarities between all peoples of all nationalities, races, and ethnicities were shown. The photography exhibit toured around the world, and people were able to feel a connection after World War Two had torn them apart. In the above photos, I tried to capture what it is like to live in a retirement home that I had been filming in. I wanted to capture the quiet serenity of the woman drinking her coffee in the first one, which may also resemble some loneliness that senior citizens (or many different people) may feel, as loneliness is universal. I also wanted to capture the essence of friendship, as is seen in the second photo, because they are whispering over a game of Bingo, and it reminded me of the whispering and laughing that little children do over their own games. Feelings and friendship span across not only races, but also ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment